The south facing glass and steel staircase floats through the tall window, letting in light and giving this small dwelling a large personality. A Maple tree from the property was milled and used on the stairs, and our talented boat building clients sealed and filled the treads themselves.
The main living area on the third floor boasts a kitchen garden and a stunning view of the landscapes beyond. Due to the unique layout, a pellet stove on the first floor is able to heat almost all of the home.
1384 (+272 covered outdoor living areas)
- herb garden off kitchen
- locally fabricated steel entry stairs, canopy, balcony guards
- corrugated steel siding
- cedar channel siding
- floating staircase made from glass, steel, and timber from the property
- pellet stove on first floor provides most heat
- homeowner installed floors, kitchen, bathrooms
- the extremely steep lot required a geotechnical engineer to determine the maximum area and house location
- the small footprint greatly influenced the vertical design and floor plans