Great Bear Retreat
The curved front entry opens to a vestibule that follows to a winding staircase – but if you need to, you can take the elevator. The hearth seating on the stone fireplace reminds you that this stately residence is a warm family home. The heirloom cook stove is built into the kitchen millwork and integrates perfectly with the overall design.
The shadow line drywall detail around the timbers and beams creates a smooth and clean finish throughout. This beautiful retreat will welcome the family for many years to come.
Contemporary Arts & Crafts
- inspired by historic Shaughnessy area homes
- curved entry door and sidelight unit
- indoor/outdoor back-to-back wood burning fireplace
- knee-bracket eaves supports
- client specified dog shower
- chain-rain water leaders and built-in gutters
- auto-start propane generator
- family heirloom cookstove designed into kitchen
- ceiling mounted tub filler in ensuite
- shadow line drywall detail around beams (ensures no wall cracks can form around beams which can naturally shrink and twist
- multi-purpose room near kitchen serves as pantry, craft, and laundry room featuring built-in cabinets, 4×12 island, and natural light