Ocean Side Living
This sloping suburban lot was contoured to create space for a hot tub, reflecting pond, kitchen garden, outdoor fireplace, yoga area, sailboat storage, and so much more. The terracing flows from the street to the waterfront – and no detail was left out.
The irrigation of this topographic masterpiece is achieved with roof water collection and cistern storage. An additional 20,000 gallon cistern was built into the garage foundation so water catchment would be maximized. Working successfully with the rocky landscape, this outdoor architecture truly augmented the life and style of this home.
Outdoor Environmental Space Design / Landscaping (house was previously renovated by Architrave)
- ocean front
- stone stairs to beach
- stone grotto sitting area
- hot tub with glass canopy pergola
- reflecting pond
- garage with storage
- sailboat storage
- outdoor fireplace / BBQ area with glass windbreaker enclosure
- roof water collection / cistern storage for irrigation
- 20,000 gallon cistern built into garage foundation
- in-ground irrigation system
- this small, sloping property required extensive planning and terracing to accommodate client’s objectives